Tips For Preventing Discrimination
- Educate yourself, your management staff and your employees on what the law requires.
- Develop and implement clear policies and follow them consistently.
- Prevent sexual harassment and other forms of discrimination by posting policies and training all employees.
- Investigate discrimination complaints promptly, and take prompt remedial action when necessary.
- Maintain documentation.
- Learn from IDHR's subject-matter experts in the INSTITUTE FOR TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT on creating and maintaining environments free of discrimination and harassment.