Title: "THE PLAN TO IMPLEMENT EXECUTIVE ORDER 2018-08"
To implement Executive Order 2018-08, the Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR) collaborated with the Human Rights Commission (HRC) and the Bureau of Administrative Hearings at the Department of Central Management Services (Bureau) to develop a plan to address the backlog of cases at the HRC and to improve the processes at both HCR and IDHR.
- Develops a benchmarking system and a plan for the elimination of the backlog in HRC cases within 15 months.
- Highlights similarities between IDHR and HRC and opportunities to streamline the hearings process for parties.
- Executes intergovernmental agreements to share resources and smooth workloads through the administrative hearings process.
- Develops technological solutions and shared case management systems.
- Provides for the tracking and reporting, quarterly, of the total number of pending cases, average and median length of time for resolution to cases, and any other information necessary to capture backlog or delays in processing of cases.
- Introduces a program to solicit ongoing feedback and survey parties that appear before HRC and IDHR and incorporate, as appropriate, suggestions for better, and not simply faster, service in the hearings process.
- Adopts consistent, streamlined processes and articulated timeframes for anticipated resolution of cases.
- Improves the quality of life in our State by promoting improved enforcement of one of the most comprehensive human rights protection statutes in the nation—the Illinois Human Rights Act (Act).
Review this 60 Day PLAN
Review EXECUTIVE ORDER 18-08